The Active Living Advisory Board is Decatur’s newest citizen advisory committee. Board members are appointed by the Decatur City Commission to serve as advocates and advisors to the Active Living Division on projects and programs that help citizens safely incorporate physical activity into their daily routines. The nine-member board meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Decatur Recreation Center.
- Assisting city staff with public education and outreach activities that promote physical activity and healthy eating habits
- Supporting wellness and health promotion in workplaces, schools, and other institutions
- Assisting city staff with outreach to specific user groups, such as seniors, teens, the physically disabled and diverse populations to encourage an active lifestyle
- Providing recommendations on creating a citywide bicycle ridership campaign and a citywide walking campaign
- Assisting with implementation of the Safe Routes to School program
The board supports the city’s ongoing efforts to improve sidewalks and intersections, calm traffic and expand the network of bike paths and walking trails. It seeks to educate residents about obesity and lifestyle issues and implement programs designed to change behavior and encourage healthier habits. The board welcomes ideas to help make Decatur a model healthy community.
For more information contact Cheryl Burnette, email@example.com.
Regularly Scheduled Meetings:
First Tuesday of every month, 6:30 p.m.
Decatur Recreation Center
231 Sycamore St.
- Kelly Walsh, Chair
- Bill Adams, Chair
- Sally Brozek
- Michael Harbin
- Wendy Heaps
- Paul Jacxsens
- Don Rigger
- Miriam Vos
Agenda and Minutes