Annual Report 2010
Click on the image below to download a PDF version of the annual report.
ISO Protection Class 2
The Fire Department provides fire protection services, promotes fire prevention, and enforces the city’s fire codes. The department has an Insurance Services Office (ISO) Protection Class 2 rating, which allows Decatur residents and businesses to receive lower insurance premiums.
All Decatur firefighters are certified by the Georgia Fire Fighter Standards and Training Council. All new personnel attend the Georgia Public Safety Training Center in Forsyth, Georgia, for training and certification. Annually Decatur firefighters receive an average of 309 hours of training in many related fields.
The department emphasizes fire prevention and education, and conducts classes for schools, high-rise residential homes, business groups, civic groups, and childcare providers.
Non-Emergency Phone: 404-373-5092
Decatur’s fire stations:
Firefighters work 24 hours on duty and 48 hours off duty in three shifts of 12 personnel each.
The Fire Department’s goals are to:
- Protect life and property
- Increase fire prevention activities
- Continue to improve medical training
- Provide community outreach and public education through workshops with neighborhood and school groups, block parties, special events and safety programs
- Promote Homeland Security protection through NIMS training
Online Request Forms