The Administrative Services Department provides revenue collection, accounting, and records management services. The department bills and collects for real and personal property taxes, occupation licenses, and commercial sanitation fees. Payroll and all accounts payable are processed weekly. The department accounts for all financial transactions involving public funds. Employees of this department also provide general information services and oversee city elections.
This department includes the Revenue Division, City Clerk, bookkeeper, and payroll coordinator.
The primary goals are to:
- Collect all revenues owed to the city in a timely manner and provide for their safekeeping and investment.
- Ensure that all expenditures are appropriately authorized.
- Maintain records adequate to account for all financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain the City's permanent operating records in good condition and accessible to the public.
- Prepare City of Decatur financial records for an annual audit by independent certified public accountants as required by state law.
Assistant City Manager - Administrative Services
Administrative Services includes finance, accounting, budget, tax collection, technology, business licenses, personnel, and insurance.
The City Clerk oversees accounts payable and general accounting. The City Clerk also handles the annual financial audit, City elections and public records retention.
Revenue and Technology Director
The city's revenue and technology director monitors information technology services, and oversees the billing and collection of city taxes and revenues.
Shaun supervises the daily operations of the Revenue staff including the processing of tax payments, refunds, reassessments, homestead exemptions, and business licenses.
Location and Office Hours
Decatur City Hall, first floor
509 North McDonough St., Decatur, GA 30030.
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
> Click for map.