The Decatur Police Department and Decatur Municipal Court is located at the Beacon Municipal Center.
- Report A Crime
- Post a Bond
- Retrieve Property
- Request Background Checks
- Obtain Vehicle Release
- Submit Open Records Requests
- Meet with Police Personnel
- Obtain Taxi, Door-To-Door Solicitation, Alcoholic Beverage Operations and Licensing Permits
- Pay Traffic Tickets
- Attend Court Hearings
- Post a Bond
- Request Court Continuances, etc.
The Police Department provides police protection services through programs of proactive patrolling, crime prevention and investigation. Employees of this department also provide information and general assistance to the public, special emergency services in hazardous materials incidents, extreme weather conditions and similar emergencies, and assistance to emergency medical service personnel when requested.
The mission of the Decatur Police Department is to be open and responsive to the needs of the entire community and solve problems through community relationships, innovative technology, and exceptional service.
The department's primary goals are to:
- Maintain an active presence in the business district
- Continue to expand officer involvement with neighborhood associations, the Decatur Business Association, and other community groups
- Strengthen communications and connections throughout the community
- Continue the child ID safety program to enhance safety and develop positive relationships with the youth of Decatur
- Plan and implement a pedestrian and traffic safety program
- Continue to develop the School Resource Officer program