City of Decatur Afterschool Programs 2018-19 Lottery Registration
When is the lottery? From 10:00 am February 20-April 20, 2018 at 6:00 pm children K-8th grade may be registered for the Afterschool lottery spin for 2018-19 programs. On April 27, 2018, Children and Youth Services (CYS) will activate the lottery spin to place registrants in the available after school spots for nine programs [Clairemont Animal Crackers, Decatur Recreation Center (DRC) Animal Crackers, Glennwood Animal Crackers, Oakhurst Animal Crackers, Westchester Animal Crackers, Winnona Park Animal Crackers, Ebster Whiz Kids, Fifth Avenue Whiz Kids, and Project REAL at Renfroe].
Which program do I need?
Rising K-3rd graders (children who will be in Kindergarten through 3rd grade in fall 2018) may register for the lottery at both their school site and DRC Animal Crackers (which takes place at Decatur Recreation Center at 231 Sycamore Street). Families should register children for each activity via Lottery Registration on WebTrac.
Rising 4th-5th graders (children who will be in 4th or 5th grade in fall 2018) may register for the lottery at both Fifth Avenue Whiz Kids and Ebster Whiz Kids (Ebster Recreation Center, 105 Electric Avenue).
Rising 6th-8th graders (children who will be in 6th-8th grades in fall 2018) may register for the Project REAL lottery.
How does the lottery work? The lottery spin will fill all available spaces in the city's nine afterschool programs on April 27, 2018. In the case of K-3 and 4/5 lottery registration, CYS will assume the school program site is your first choice unless you contact us at email@example.com to indicate otherwise. Fees will be applied to your family’s account for children who are placed in afterschool programs via the lottery spin ($35 per child). Those who are not placed in the program will automatically be placed on the waitlist for the program. Lottery registration can be confirmed by logging into WebTrac, selecting My Account from the menu and then selecting My History. Families will be contacted to confirm enrollment no later than May 15, 2018.
How do I register?
Here are the steps to follow for Lottery Registration 2018-19:
Before you begin you will need:
- a current digital photo of each child
- proof of residency (if establishing a new household in our registration system - accepted documents include: tax bill, utility bill, rent receipt, current lease, deed or mortgage payment receipt)
- and time to complete the form
1. Fill out 2018-19 Afterschool Forms online: You will need to complete the 2018-19 Afterschool and All Day Camp Participant Information and Release Form as well as one Health History Form for each child in your household. When you submit your forms online they will go to our administrative team for processing. If you have trouble uploading your child's photo or your proof of residency please email those documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The 2018-19 Financial Assistance application is available for City of Decatur residents as well.
If you are new to City of Decatur programs, please allow (5) business days for the set up of your household in the RecTrac registration system. After that point you may request your Household ID Number and Password from email@example.com or by calling 404-378-1082 or 404-377-0494. See #3 below.
2. On or after February 20, Log in to WebTrac. You will need your Household ID number and password. Your HHID# can be found in the top left corner of any receipt. Your password is typically your last name. Feel free to contact CYS at firstname.lastname@example.org to request this information if needed. You may also visit WebTrac and select "Login" then choose the link to request a password reminder via email.
3. Once logged in to WebTrac, Select Search and Search by Activity Number. Search for your first choice activity using the correct number below:
Next, select the member of your household you wish to enroll in the activity.
Add the activity to your cart.
|Clairemont Animal Crackers||K-3||Clairemont ES Cafeteria||882010-99|
|DRC Animal Crackers||K-3||Decatur Recreation Center||882015-99|
|Glennwood Animal Crackers||K-3||Glennwood ES Auditorium||882020-99|
|Oakhurst Animal Crackers||K-3||Oakhurst ES Cafeteria||882049-99|
|Westchester Animal Crackers||K-3||Westchester Auditorium||882060-99|
|Winnona Park Animal Crackers||K-3||Winnona Park ES Cafetorium||882018-99|
|Ebster Whiz Kids||4-5||Ebster Recreation Center||884093-99|
|Fifth Avenue Whiz Kids||4-5||5th Avenue 4/5 Academy||884091-99|
|Project REAL||6-8||Renfroe MS Cafeteria||884009-99|
4. Repeat these steps for each child and each program. Select and add all desired activities for each child. Be sure to register for BOTH your school site and the DRC Animal Crackers site (K-3 only) if you want to maximize your child's chances of getting into an Animal Crackers program. Be sure to register for BOTH Fifth Avenue Whiz Kids and Ebster Whiz Kids (4-5 only) if you want to maximize your child's chances of getting into a Whiz Kids program.
5. Proceed to checkout and complete registration. Note: There is NO CHARGE for lottery registration. Fees will be applied in the lottery spin if your child is placed in a program.
5. Check your steps:
º Did you register for EACH lottery for EACH child in your household? (e.g. DRC Animal Crackers AND your school site for each K-3 child; Fifth Avenue Whiz Kids and Ebster Whiz Kids for each 4th-5th child)
º Did you check your registrations by selecting My Account > My History from the WebTrac menu?
º The final step is simply to wait till after the lottery spin on April 27, 2018. You can check the results of the lottery spin via WebTrac after April 28th or wait to hear from Children and Youth Services by May 15, 2018.
Please call the CYS office with any questions at 404-378-1082.
You can find printable Lottery Registration Instructions here.
Other Helpful Links: