Looking for a fun and safe family environment? Visit the City of Decatur pools! We offer a variety of summer aquatic programs. Pools are open Memorial Day weekend through early August. Pools are managed by Dynamo Pool Management. For more information, please call 404-377-7231 or e-mail Jabari Cole at: Jabari.Cole@decaturga.com.
Please follow us on Twitter at @DecaturPools to receive up to date information on pool closures.
General Admission to Decatur Pools
Residents may bring proof of residency in the form of a tax bill or utility bill to Glenlake Tennis Center after May 1st to be issued a City of Decatur residency card. This residency card will be presented to the front desk attendant and will allow the cardholder to be admitted to the pool at the resident rate. A drivers license presented to the front desk attendant will not allow entry to the pools at the resident rate.
Please purchase pool passes at Glenlake Tennis Center
|Age||Resident Fee (With Resident Card) Admission Fee|
|1 and younger||Free $3|
|2-17 yrs||$2 $3|
|18-59 yrs||$3 $5|
|60 and over||Free $5|
Season Swim Passes . . . What a Deal!
|Individual (2-13 yrs)||$30||Individual (2-13 yrs)||$60|
|Individual (14-59 yrs)||$45||Individual (14-59 yrs)||$90|
|Household (5 or fewer)||$125||Family (same household)||$250|
|Household (5 or more)||$125 + $10 each additional member||Family (same household)||$250 + 20 each additional member|
The City of Decatur has a no-refund policy. Rain checks will be issued for inclement weather, contamination and equipment failure only if the pool is to be closed for the remainder of the day. Rain checks will not be issued for closures during the last hour of each pool day.
Jabari Cole, Program Supervisor, Tennis/Aquatics
Kyle Morton, Aquatics Director
Beth Costello, Swim Team Coach
How to Reserve a City of Decatur Pool
Decatur pools are a great place to host an end-of-the year graduation celebration, birthday party, family reunion or neighborhood cookout. Decatur pools are rented on a first-come basis. Patrons renting the pool must complete a reservation form and pay in full two weeks prior to the rental. Rates vary according to the number of people attending the function. The count includes all people walking through the door, whether swimming or just watching.
|Number In Party||
Resident Rate NoN-Resident Rate
Pools Available for Rental
All pools may be reserved for private parties May 27 - August 30.
|Glenlake||Sat, Sun||6:30-8:30 pm|
|Ebster||Fri, Sat, Sun||6:30-8:30 pm|
|McKoy||Sat, Sun||6:30-8:30 pm|
Refunds or rescheduling will be made available only if the city cancels the party due to inclement weather or when swimmers are unable to get into the pool due to contamination.
Pool Guidelines: Have Fun, Be Safe, Learn to Swim!
To keep pools safe we ask patrons to follow these guidelines:
- Large floats or inner tubes are not permitted, as they obstruct the view of the lifeguards. Water guns, throwing toys or other items that may cause harm are prohibited. Small floating toys or pouring toys are acceptable for tots. Safety of items will be determined at the discretion of the pool staff.
- Children may wear coastguard-approved PFDs with close parental supervision.
- Patrons swimming with children who wear diapers must use "leak proof" baby swimsuits, swim diapers, or diapers covered with snug-fitting plastic pants.
- Parents are encouraged to accompany their children to the pool and to supervise them closely while in the water. They are also asked to discuss pool safety rules with their children and to encourage respect for pool rules and pool staff.
For more information on general pool operations, swim lessons, pool rentals, Decatur Gators swim team or to make suggestions regarding aquatics programming, call 404-377-7231.
Dynamo Pool Management manages pool operations and staffs Decatur pools. The firm has been in the swimming pool industry for more than 12 years, providing lifeguards and pool maintenance for private pools and local governments. Mike Cotter oversees operations at City of Decatur pools. Dynamo advantages:
- Experienced and trained professional staff.
- Provision of a safe and clean swim environment for patrons.
- Unlimited customer service
- Service options including construction, renovation and consultation.
The City of Decatur has a no-refund policy. Rain checks will be issued for inclement weather, contamination and equipment failure only if the pool is to be closed for the remainder of the day.
- Group Policy
Groups of 10 or more must have a reservation to assure adequate supervision and prevent overcrowding of the pool. To make a reservation contact the pool office at 404-377-7231 for approval of swim time and an appointment to complete a Group Swim Agreement. DRCSD programs have priority scheduling for group swimming. Call 404-377-7231, for more information.
a) Youth groups (day cares, camps, etc.) must have a 1 to 10 ratio of supervisors/counselors to youth.
b) If there are children under age 5 in the group, the ratio of supervisor/counselor to youth must be 1 to 6.
c) Groups must sign an agreement:
- Come at a scheduled time only
- Adhere to staff/child ratios
- Provide general supervision of youth
- Provide supervision of group belongings
- Comply with all pool rules
- Non-swimming counselors are not allowed in water over five feet deep
Failure to comply will result in termination of Group Swim Agreement.
For information on the pools, how to sign up for pool parties, private lessons, swim camps, swim team, new swim team drills and season passes, please call the Glenlake Tennis Center at 404-377-7231 or e-mail Jabari Cole at: Jabari.Cole@decaturga.com.