Employee Work Permits
It is the responsibility of the Alcohol Beverage License (ABL) holder to ensure that any employee who is serving alcohol has a permit. The employee as well as the ABL holder can receive a citation for failure to acquire permit. The permit expires one year from the date of issuance. The employee must make an appointment for renewal at the Decatur Police Department, 678-553-6630.
Applicants should download and complete the following application prior to their appointment. The application must be typed, not handwritten. If you do not have MS Word, please download the PDF version.
> Alcohol Server Application [WORD]
> Alcohol Server Application [PDF]
Things to Know:
- Permits will be issued Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only.
- Appointments can be made by calling 678-553-6630.
- Permits will be issued at the Decatur Police Department, 420 W. Trinity Place.
- Applications must be completed on a computer and then printed out. Hand written applications will not be accepted.
- Payment must be made in cash. Credit cards and checks will not be accepted.
- The permit is $20
- A notary will be available at the Decatur Police Department at no additional charge.
- Applicants need to arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to their appointment time to allow for application processing.
- Applicants who arrive after their appointment time will have to reschedule their appointment and will have to pay an additional $10 fee.
- Cancellations within 24 hours of an appointment time will also have to pay an additional $10 fee.
- All applicants must be 19 years of age or older.
- In no event shall any alcoholic beverage server permit be granted to any persons who have been convicted under any federal, state, or local law or have pleaded guilty or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any crime, misdemeanor, or felony involving moral turpitude, lottery, or illegal possession or sale of narcotics or liquors within a period of five years immediately prior to the filing of such application, nor shall any person sell or dispense alcoholic beverages.