News Items

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Need the Out of Town House Check Request Form?

Decatur Police will check on your house while you're away.

Post Date:11/23/2015 11:18 AM

Three easy ways to request an out of town house check:

• Click on the SeeClickFix page and scroll down to the REPORT and ISSUES tabs here.

• Download the SeeClickFix app on your smart phone. Look for MyDecaturGA in your app store.

• Call the police non-emergency number, 404-373-6551.

More About Signing Up for Out of Town House Checks

Decatur Police Department will check on your house while you are out of town. To sign up for this service all you have to do is complete the Out of Town House Check form in the city’s SeeClickFix system or call the police department at 404-373-6551. 

To aid the department in its scheduling processes, please do not enter your information any earlier than seven days prior to your departure. And if, by chance, you change your mind and do not leave town, be sure to let them know that as well!

To find the online form look under City Services in the lower left portion of the home page. Click the “Submit a Service Request” button. The link takes you to this page.


Scroll down and look for the REPORT and ISSUES tabs. Enter your address on the "Report" tab, hit Next and then select "Out of Town House Check Request" from the Category drop down menu. Answer the questions and then hit Submit. Once done, you will receive an auto-generated confirmation email from the SeeClickFix system. 



You may also download the SeeClickFix smartphone app to make your request. Look for MyDecaturGA in your app store.